Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Gadsden today at 256-547-3778 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Grilling Up Goodness With Safety
Enjoy those barbecues and remember SERVPRO is #HereToHelp.
It’s warming up outside and we all know what that means….it’s time for all the barbecues to get fired up. May is actually National Barbecue Month, but before we all run out to start up light that charcoal or propane, remember to be safe and take the proper precautions.
According to the U.S. Fire Administration states about 5,700 fires start on residential property each year from grills. The majority of these fires are caused by malfunctioning gas grills. Grill related fires cause an annual average of $37 million in damage, 100 injuries and 10 fatalities.
Remember that grills (both charcoal and propane) should only be used outside away from structures, foliage and other flammable materials. Be aware of what hangs over your grill as well. A grill should never be left unattended once it has been lit, especially if there are children or pets around. A 3-5 foot perimeter should be kept around the grill by all who are not cooking. These precautions can prevent personal injuries and fires. Wildfires and home fires can be caused by coals not being disposed of correctly after they have cooled.
When using propane grills, check that the propane tank and the hoses are in good working condition with no holes or leaks. Check out this video from the NFPA on how to check your gas grill for leaks.
Follow these safety tips from the NFPA and enjoy the tasty treats your cook on your barbecue grill. SERVPRO is always #HereToHelp should you experience a grilling related fire (or any other fire).
May is National Wildfire Awareness Month, are you ready?
May is National Wildfire Awareness Month, which focuses on prevention and preparedness. Now let me guess, when we say wildfires your brain automatically thinks of places out West. California, Colorado, Arizona and Montana tend to come to mind. Everyone remembers the wildfires in California last year that seemed like they would never end.
Most people around here don’t think wildfires are that prevalent in the Southeast, but according to Facts + Statistics: Wildfires, but North Carolina and Georgia rank in the top 10 for wildfires ranked by the number of fires and the number of acres burned for 2019. Alabama had 1,107 wildfires last year with over 22,000 acres were burned. What steps should you take to prevent wildfires? Well, it’s like Smokey the Bear says “Only you can prevent forest fires”.
According to the National Park Service, 85 percent of wildfires are caused by humans. Unattended campfires, cigarettes, burning debris, and arson are some of the top human-caused situations that lead to wildfires. Natural events such as lightning and volcanic eruptions can also result in wildfires.
Each person can play a part in reducing the number of wildfires by adhering to the following:
- If you see an unattended fire, report it to the proper authorities.
- Ensure campfires and/or fire pits are fully extinguished when you are done using them or leaving the vicinity and can no longer watch the fire.
- Lit cigarettes should never be thrown out on the ground, especially from a moving car.
- Before lighting a fire, call the proper authorities to check if your area is under a burn ban.
- Exercise caution when handling flammable liquids such as gasoline or propane.
- Fireworks should only be used in open areas free from debris and trees and only if there is no ordinance prohibiting their use.
If a wildfire occurs near you, stay alert to safety and evacuation ordinances. Ensure your route to safety is clear and that family and friends know where you are going. If you become trapped, call 9-1-1.
Talk to your insurance agent today to make sure you are covered in the event a wildfire damages your home or business.
Are You Prepared?
SERVPRO is #HereToHelp.
May is International Building Safety Month and each week there is a different focus for awareness. For 2020, this first week's focus is on disaster preparedness. While each situation is unique, your family can be better prepared if you plan carefully, put emergency procedures in place, and practice for all kinds of emergencies. The following are measures you and your family can take to start getting ready. A commitment to begin planning today will help support your family, home, and the community.
For us, living in the south has its share of disasters:
- Tornado season (peak season) in Alabama ranges from March thru May, but they can happen throughout most of the year. Tuscaloosa is considered to have a second season from November to early December.
- Hurricane season starts June 1st and runs through November 30th. While here in North Alabama we don’t suffer the same damage they do in the Gulf, the feeder bands from large hurricanes can cause flooding for us.
- Winter and Spring seem to be wet seasons for us more often than not lately, and that leads to flooding. Especially with the number of severe thunderstorms that roll through our area during Spring.
- Summertime leads to wildfires. While we may not see the same widespread damage as states like California, they do happen here.
Do you know what kind of emergencies might affect your home or daily life? Do you know what you and your family will do in an emergency situation?
Prepare Your Emergency Plan
Do you have an evacuation and shelter-in-place plan? Do you have a plan to communicate with your family before, during, and after an incident? Do you have an emergency supply kit?
Practice the Emergency Plan
Have you practiced your plan recently? Does your family know where to go in the event of a natural disaster? Have you reviewed your plans in the last 12 months?
Review Insurance Coverage
Have you reviewed your insurance coverage recently to see if you’re covered in a disaster?
Secure Your Home or Business
Have you conducted a room-by-room walk-through to determine what safety measures can be taken?
Improve Cyber Security
Have you installed a firewall on your computer? Do you regularly update your antivirus software?
If you answered “No” to any of these questions, visit ready.gov and learn how to better prepare your family and home for an emergency or natural disaster.
April 12, 2020
We are always ready and #HereToHelp.
Storm damage really hits home when it hits in our own backyard. Our communities hunkered down on Sunday as the storms rolled in. We found our safe places and waited. Thankfully lives were spared but communities were severely damaged by the impact of the storms. Boaz and Reece City were some of the worst affected, but the damage spread far and wide across the five counties we service. Damage reports rolled in and heartbreaking pictures flashed on television, tablet and smartphone screens.
Our phones started ringing with countless calls. Our crews hit the road as our office set up a command center. Our marketing coordinator talked with each person who called in for services and got crews routed to them as fast as possible.
Some had shingles ripped off. Some had sections or all of their roof missing. Some had flood water in their homes. Some had broken windows. Our hearts are broken for those whose homes were destroyed completely.Some people had no idea where to start or if they should file a claim with their homeowners insurance. This is something where we can step in here and help. All of our staff are highly trained in assessing these types of damage. We can be your insurance agents eyes when they have hundreds of claims coming into their office.
If you or anyone you know has sustained damage from this terrible event give us a call at 256-547-3778. We are always #HereToHelp.
Our Precautions During the COVID-19 Pandemic 2020
SERVPRO of Gadsden is #HereToHelp and are doing what we can to flatten the curve.
SERVPRO is a leader in the cleaning and restoration industry. We strive to provide the best customer experiences we can. With the COVID-19 pandemic we are taking even more precautions to ensure the safety of our customers and our staff.
We are offering proactive cleaning to reduce the spread of germs, which reduces the chance one may become ill with COVID-19. We are also offering cleaning services for buildings (residential and commercial) for suspected and confirmed cases of COVID-19.
Just because a majority of the world is being affected by this pandemic does not mean that water damage, fire damage and mold remediation issues cease. We are taking extra precautions in this area as well.
- When a customer calls in a loss of any kind, we are asking if they have been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 as well as asking they have had any symptoms.
- We are letting our customers know that the production members coming to their homes or businesses will be in a minimum of a face mask and gloves.
- Our production technicians are performing our offered line of services in full protective personal equipment (PPE) when needed or requested.
- At the present moment our office doors are locked as our office staff work inside. We ask that all who need to meet with someone please call ahead so that the needed person can meet you in the lobby.
- Any member of our staff that is not feeling well is encouraged to stay at home.
All of these steps are being taken to ensure that SERVPRO of Gadsden does our part to help reduce the curve and ultimately the impact this virus has in our local area.
No Job Is Too Big Or Too Small
SERVPRO of Gadsden is #HereToHelp.
Most people think of SERVPRO and their minds automatically jump to water or fire damage, but we are so much more than that. We can handle pretty much any job thrown at us from cleaning a chair to a fully flooded large commercial building and everything in between.
Our list of services include:
-Water Damage Restoration (Water Removal and Dehumidification)
-Fire Damage Restoration (Fire, Smoke and Soot Cleanup and Restoration)
-Mold Mitigation & Remediation
-Air Duct & HVAC Cleaning
-Carpet & Hard Floor Cleaning
-Upholstery & Drapes Cleaning
-Post Construction Cleaning
-Crime Scene, Biohazard, & Vandalism Cleanup
-Contents Claim Inventory Service
SERVPRO of Gadsden is always #HereToHelp. For more information about our services or to schedule a free assessment and estimate call our office today at 256-547-3778.
Coronavirus Cleaning Services
For more information on proactive cleaning call our office today.
Right now if you were to pull up any form of social media, turn on the television, or even turn on the radio in your car someone is talking about COVID-19 or Coronavirus. Face masks, hand sanitizer, antibacterial soap, and even toilet paper have disappeared. Some people are in a panic and others couldn’t care less.
Do you know the best ways to prevent Coronavirus (or any virus for that matter) is the following:
-Wash your hands with soap and warm water.
-Avoid touching your face.
-Clean and sanitize your home.
-Clean and sanitize your office/workplace.
If you become sick, it is best to stay home and keep to yourself to prevent spreading it to anyone else.
SERVPRO of Gadsden is #HereToHelp and can help minimize the spread of germs with proactive cleaning! At SERVPRO of Gadsden, we’re trained to adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitization standards, making us the #1 choice for cleanup and restoration. Call SERVPRO of Gadsden at 256-547-3778 to see how we can help clean your home or business.
The Fire Damage Process
Our trained technicians work hard to get your fire damage cleaned up so you can get back to normal.
Have you ever wondered what the process for handling a fire damage is? We have a detailed process, but here we will share a broad overview.
-First thing (if needed), we provide board up services. This ensures that critters and people can not walk up and remove your belongings.
-We work closely with the fire departments and fire inspector as we wait for the origin of the fire to be determined.
-Once we are given the all clear to enter the structure, we begin to pack out the contents so they can be moved to our warehouse for cleaning.
-If any demolition is needed, we work to get it removed before cleaning.
-A crew will then begin to clean each surface in the home. We start a the top (ceilings) and work down. We have special sponges that remove the soot.
-Once the clean/wipe down is completed, encapsulation begins.
This process leaves the home ready for the reconstruction team to come in and make it #LikeItNeverEvenHappened.
Water Damage At The Library
SERVPRO of Gadsden is always #HereToHelp 24/7/365.
When the Gadsden Public Library had a water damage, they called SERVPRO of Gadsden. A water pipe in the ceiling of their main floor bathroom had ruptured. Water had infiltrated three rooms on the main floor as well as run down the elevator shaft to the basement.
One of the first things we had to do was lock out the elevator so that we could extract the water in the shaft. This is done by ensuring no one is in the elevator and flipping the main switch to off. A lock is placed on the switch to prevent it from being turned back on before it is safe to do so.
Water was extracted from all affected areas. Debris was cleaned up. Floors were mopped and drying equipment was set. Due to the quick action of our crews, the library only opened 40 minutes late. We are also happy to announce that no books received any water damage, though we could have handled that as well.